. Create a proposal for your Design for Change Capstone Project..
Capstone Project Milestone #2:
Design for Change Proposal Guidelines
You are to create a Design for Change proposal inclusive of your PICO and evidence appraisal information from your Capstone Project Milestone #1. Your plan is to convince your management team of a nursing problem you have uncovered and you feel is significant enough to change the way something is currently practiced. In the event you are not currently working as a nurse, please use a hypothetical clinical situation you experienced in nursing school, or nursing education issue you identified in your nursing program.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO1: Applies the theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines to individuals, families, aggregates, and communities from entry to the healthcare system through long-term planning. (PO #1)
CO2: Proposes leadership and collaboration strategies for use with consumers and other healthcare providers in managing care and/or delegating responsibilities for health promotion, illness prevention, health restoration and maintenance, and rehabilitative activities. (PO #2)
Milestone #2 consists of the proposal for your Design for Change Capstone Project. Submit this Milestone to the Dropbox by the end of Week 4.
Milestone #2 is worth 225 points.
1. Create a proposal for your Design for Change Capstone Project. Open the template in Doc Sharing. You will include the information from Milestone #1, your PICO question, and evidence appraisal, as you compose this proposal. Your plan is to convince your management team of a nursing problem you have uncovered and you feel is significant enough to change the way something is currently practiced.
2. The format for this proposal will be a paper following the Publication manual of APA 6th edition.
3. The paper is to be four- to six-pages excluding the Title page and Reference page.
4. As you organize your information and evidence, include the following topics.
a. Introduction: Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63). Introduce the reader to the plan with evidence-based problem identification and solution.
b. Change Plan: Write an overview using the John Hopkins Nursing EBP Model and Guidelines (2012)
i. Practice Question
5. Citations and References must be included to support the information within each topic area. Refer to the APA manual, Chapter 7, for examples of proper reference format. In-text citations are to be noted for all information contained in your paper that is not your original idea or thought. Ask yourself, “How do I know this?” and then cite the source. Scholarly sources are expected, which means using peer-reviewed journals and credible websites.
6. Tables and Figures may be added as appropriate to the project. They should be embedded within the body of the paper (see your APA manual for how to format and cite). Creating tables and figures offers visual aids to the reader and enhances understanding of your literature review and design for change.
Here is the PICO question I used for Milestone#1-
For the hospitalized patient, is it more beneficial to utilize a computerized systematic reminder based system, versus traditional written protocols that lack follow-up assessment, for indwelling urinary catheter removal to obtain lower incidences of catheter associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs) measured over the length of stay? Here is the evidence appraisal info I used in Milestone #1- Evidence Appraisal Worksheet
PICO Question: For the hospitalized patient, is it more beneficial to utilize a computerized systematic reminder based system, versus traditional written protocols that lack follow-up assessment, for indwelling urinary catheter removal to obtain lower incidences of catheter associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs) measured over the length of stay?
APA Reference for Article
Give the APA-formatted reference for the article. Type of Source
*Research: Peer-reviewed article
*Non-research systematic review, clinical practice guidelines, organizational experience, or expert opinion/case study/literature review Strength of Research
Discuss the strength of the sources.
Report if evidence is High, Good, or Low/Major Flaw. Use the tools on page 238-244 of your text and discuss the reasons why you have assigned a particular level of quality. Brief Description of Research
Address the questions.
*How does the information in the article apply to the project problem or proposed intervention?