Explain the history, public health implication, affected population, and economic and/or social consequences..
Theory Application Paper
The paper will comprise of cited research on the effectiveness of the model(s) or theories related to your identified issue of HIV among homeless youth, a gap analysis, and a proposed intervention that would help fill the gap.
Guidelines for Submission: Submit a 10 page word document that uses 11-pt Times New Roman font with 1 inch margins. Utilize at least 10 references to support your claims. All citations and other formatting conventions should follow the most current version of AMA style.
TOPIC: HIV Among Homeless Youth in the US
Your paper needs to include the following:
- Introduction –Compete- see pages 4-5
- Briefly review the chosen issue or behavior.
○ Explain the history, public health implication, affected population, and economic and/or social consequences.
○ State why the issue you chosen is an important one to address.
○ Explain how addressing this issue might lead to better conditions.
- Theories, Models, and Gap Analysis
- Describe the different social and behavioral health models that people in the field have used to address this behavior/issue.
○ Identify a gap that still exists despite the current efforts in the field. What could be done to address the gap? What behavioral change must occur?
○ Support all claims with relevant and reputable resources and examples. You may want to reference the work done in your research summaries.
- Propose a behavioral intervention that would help to fill the gap you have described above. This does not need to be an original intervention, you may choose an intervention that has already been proposed. The purpose is to propose an intervention that would best fill the gap you have identified.
■ You are not expected to provide an in depth proposal with all the details of the intervention.
■ For example: An intervention for school aged children who smoke may be an after school program to enhance positive interaction among peers.
○ Explain how your intervention utilizes the chosen theory/model. What specific components of the theory/model are being used in your intervention?
○ Support your proposed intervention with evidence from the literature. Reference the work completed in your research summaries.
○ Make a table/visual/figure that illustrates the relationship between your theory/model and the proposed intervention. This visual should show which components of the theory/model are being used and where in the intervention.
○ Summarize the major concepts from this paper.
○ How does your intervention achieve the desired behavioral change?
○ What limitations are there to your proposed plan?
○ Discuss potential next steps.