“Letter form a Birmingham Jail” Martin Luther King.
You can use the following thesis and level I headings for your week 4 CT assignment.Thesis: In his â€œLetter from a Birmingham Jail,â€ Martin Luther King uses the rhetorical strategy of __________________ to achieve his purpose of________________________, a model that can be applied to the upcoming portfolio project.For this thesis, centered, bold level 1 headings would be as follows:Rhetorical Strategy[Choose one rhetorical strategy such as logos, pathos, ethos, or another one from section 5.5 of the etext, and give a few examples of where King uses that strategy in his essay. Cite examples parenthetically, giving page numbers.]Kingâ€s Purpose[Explain your notion of King’s purpose for writing his letter and show how the rhetorical strategy you selected helped him achieve that purpose.]Application to the Portfolio[Explain how you will apply the same strategy in your portfolio project.]ConclusionUse the attached template to format your essay and references.
Be sure to address the following:
- State the purpose of the letter. Be sure to paraphrase the speech throughout your analysis.
- Describe one strategy for development of the letter. This should be one that you identify with or think is effective. Base your description on this Module’s readings and the course activities you participated in.
- Remember that your paraphrase should end up being about the same number of words as the original material that you cite. Please note that you are not paraphrasing the entire document but more like a sentence or two. This is similar to what you might do with a quote, but with your own words. A paraphrase is not the same as a summary.
- Explain why you think the strategy is effectively used in the letter.
- Incorporate at least one quote from the speech, and properly cite the quote on the References page.
- Explain how you plan to use the development strategy in your Portfolio Project.
- Your written paper should be two to three pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
- You must accurately insert a quote and paraphrase in your analysis to provide in-text evidence from the essay or article you selected, and you must comment on the quote to demonstrate you are thinking in a critical manner.
- Your paper must be formatted according to the CSU Global Writing Center.
- Basic Essay APA7_Template_Paper2020-1.pdf
The post “Letter form a Birmingham Jail” Martin Luther King first appeared on https://prowriterhub.com.
“Letter form a Birmingham Jail” Martin Luther King was first posted on February 7, 2021 at 7:00 am.
©2019 “Submit Your Assignment”. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at