Please post one (1) initial original comment (min. 250 words).
***LEGAL RESEARCH WRITING AND ADVOCACY COURSE*** COURSE DESCRIPTION BELOW.
1. What are your concerns or hesitations regarding this course?
2. What can you do to address such concerns or hesitations?
3. What can the Professor do to address your concern or hesitations?
Develops and refines the research, analysis, citation and writing skills introduced
in Legal Research and Writing. Students will prepare either a memorandum of
law or appellate brief, and prepare for oral argument.
COURSE OBJECTIVES (“CO”)
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
1. CO.1 Analyze legal issues;
2. CO.2 Find, interpret and use various types of primary and secondary
authorities and deal effectively with adverse authority;
3. CO.3 Effectively use both manual and online legal research tools to create
an effective research plan for assessing a legal problem and demonstrate
the ability to use the appropriate citation form for advocacy and expositive
4. CO.4 Communicate legal analysis in written and oral forms both to
members of the legal profession and the lay community in a manner that
is clear, logical, and persuasive; and
CO.5 Articulate knowledge skills transferred from prior research in creating a trial
brief that adheres to appropriate trial brief format/layout and includes bluebook
few seconds ago