The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
There are a plethora of health care economic and financial policies in effect at both the state and federal levels. Each policy has implications that are relative to consumers, providers, and insurers. The purpose of the Key Assignment is to expand on a policy that has yielded negative implications (for the consumer, provider, or insurer) and provide recommendations to alleviate or eliminate such negative implications. The outcome of the Key Assignment will be a draft article for possible journal consideration.
The comprehensive tasks of the Key Assignment require the development of a draft article pertinent to the elected policy. Throughout the course, you will formulate a detailed background of your selected topic, describe the positive and negative implications from your selected topic relative to the consumer, provider, and the insurer, make recommendations for future guidelines to reduce negative implications, and you will write a conclusion that summarizes the aforementioned requirements.
Complete the following:
- Using the following topic: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) aims to bridge the underinsured and uninsured gap in the United States by mandating that individuals obtain health insurance. Depending on circumstance, this shifts the medical cost from the insurer (government) to the consumer, or in some instances, the employer.
- In an essay of 1,000 (minimum) words, describe the positive and negative implications to the following:
- The consumer, provider, and insurer
- Service delivery, reimbursement, performance, and quality
- APA format, minimum 1000 words, scholarly references