Worldview – BIBLICAL / CHRISTIAN
THEORIES AND WORLDVIEW ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
To write an essay in which you compare your worldview with one developmental theory
discussed in our course materials.
Every person who has ever lived bases his or her life on a set of basic assumptions. These
assumptions form the foundation of his or her worldview. One’s worldview influences and is
evident in his or her work.
Write a brief* essay in which you identify important aspects of your worldview, and then discuss
ways in which your worldview is compatible with at least one developmental theory.
1) In your first paragraph explain why it is important to consider worldview when
studying developmental theories (include at least 3–5 sentences).
2) In your second paragraph briefly describe key concepts and features of one
developmental theory discussed in our textbook (include at least 3–5 sentences). Be
sure to identify the main theorist, the name of the theory and at least one defining
characteristic of the theory.
3) In your third paragraph identify ways in which your worldview is compatible with the
theory you have described.
4) In your final paragraph, summarize and reflect on how what you learned about
worldview and its relationship to theories will be used in future coursework (include
at least 3–5 sentences).
*Your essay must include at least 500, but no more than 800 words. Please edit your work to
stay within these parameters.
1. Identify your sources! Current APA guidelines require that a citation be used to
identify any/all sources of information that are not considered common knowledge.
2. Do not include direct quotes; instead, paraphrase information about your chosen
theory. Remember that your source must be identified with a citation even if you
rewrite the information in your own words.
3. Your Theories and Worldview Assignment will include the following:
• A current APA-formatted title page.
• 2–3 pages of text (at least 500, but not more than 800 words).
Page 2 of 2
• Use current APA-formatted level-one headings to identify each
paragraph/section of your essay.
• A current APA-formatted reference page.